RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- NASA fires enormous booster designed for world’s most powerful rocketToday, NASA successfully completed a full-duration qualification ground test of the booster that is designed to lift the most powerful rocket in the world. This particular test was a cold motor test used to provide data on how the rocket motor operates at the colder end of its accepted propellant... Read more »
- Hillary Clinton announces tech platformConnectivity, education, and entrepreneurship — these are the principles of Hillary Clinton’s technology platform, unveiled today at a Denver startup incubator. The decision to announce her technology imperatives outside of Silicon Valley may seem strange, but it represents one of the platform objectives: to democratize tech industry growth across the country,... Read more »
- Pinterest is soon launching a way to search for products with your smartphone cameraPinterest today has a new tool for finding things that you might want to buy — and they’ll be things you see in the real world. Here’s how it will work: go to Pinterest search and tap the visual search button, point your camera at anything you’re interested in, and it’ll... Read more »
- Facebook from other sites with new Save and Share Chrome ExtensionsFacebook colonized the internet with its Like button that sees 10 billion views per day around the web. Now it’s getting a makeover for mobile alongside the launch of two new Save and Share Chrome extensions that let you capture content from any site. Together, these updates should help fill... Read more »
- Lease marketplace Flip raises $1.2MFlip, a startup that helps tenants find someone to take over their lease, is announcing that it has raised $1.2 million in seed funding. The New York City-based company has created a marketplace where lease holders can post apartments that they need to rent out, and where pre-screened applicants can... Read more »
- AWS opens its first region in IndiaAmazon Web Services (AWS) today announced the launch of its first region in India. Formally known as the Asia Pacific (Mumbai) region, this new AWS region is the company’s sixth in Asia Pacific. With this, AWS now operates 13 regions, with a total of 35 availability zones. AWS previously announced its... Read more »
- Messaging app LINE sets price range for possible July IPO, poised to raise over $1 billionLINE Corp., makers of a messaging app that’s gone mainstream in Japan, Thailand and Taiwan, has set a price range for an initial public offering on the Tokyo and New York Stock exchanges in July. Its shares would be priced between 2,700 and 3,700 yen, or about $26.50-$31.50 per share. As The Wall Street Journal reported... Read more »
- Bose wants your kids to build their own Bluetooth speakersThe folks at Bose are putting a DIY spin on the sometimes staid world for Bluetooth speakers, with a kit designed to show little ones the big wonders of electronics. The Speaker Cube is the first entry in the company’s new BOSEbuild line, featuring all the pieces and step-by-step instructions... Read more »
- The Moto G4 is arriving in the US July 12th, priced at $199Looks like it won’t be too much longer until U.S. users can get their grubby paws on Motorola’s forthcoming fourth-gen Moto G. Announced last month right around Google I/O, the baseline G4 will be arriving on Amazon, Best Buy (which will be offering up a $50 gift card with the... Read more »
- True Foodies wants to turn you into a true foodieJoanne Carter worked for McDonald’s for 15 years. But she always prefered foie gras to cheeseburgers. Her new job as co-founder and CEO of For True Foodies Only — a bootstrapped company that’s about to launch an app for chefs and foodies — is probably more consistent with her culinary inclination. A... Read more »
Buy me a Beer 🙂
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- ofukany on "Combine several RSS feeds"
Im verry happy because this plugin can combine several RSS feeds into single output.
- Toni on "Excellent, well done, great added features"
The new added features make this plugin far more useful for me. I will be replacing others that I have been using with this. The only thing missing for me to replace all other RSS plugins is pagaination, but I understand that is a difficult feature to do.
Why 5 stars?
It is easy, simple, to use. The default settings are done intelligently, simplifies the use immemnsely. It displays multiple feeds in one shortcode. No extra, unwanted, header or subheader content gets pulled in. Clean, well-spaced, legible, results.
The results look great: I have had many issues with several rss plugins for the style - font size and layouts were awkward, cluttered, or insane looking. That is very important because I have 2 MultiSites, 8 sites, plus I do not want to change RSS feed plugins when I change themes in a site.
Thank you for your hard work to provide an excellent, free, plugin.
- Ted Slater on "Great plugin ..."
Great plugin. I'd love to see the developer continue to work on it ...
- sheenal on "Good but not enough"
This plugin is good. But how to get feature image of post ? Thumbnail short-code is not working.
- Shelley Keith on "Flexible and reliable"
One of my can't live without plugins. Flawlessly blends feeds and provides amazing flexibility.
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!