RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- Why Homejoy Failed … And The Future Of The On-Demand EconomyOn the heels of Homejoy’s failure, the fundamental “on-demand marketplace” model has come into question by investors, the media and even consumers. That questioning is very relevant, as there has been an overload of VC money that has been injected in the on-demand service platform space over the past few... Read more »
- Setting The Right Valuation For A Competitive Series A RoundFounders are often puzzled by how VCs derive valuations for competitive Series A rounds. A competitive Series A round is an equity round where a company generally raises greater than $5 million led by a top-quartile venture capital firm. During these Series A rounds, it is not uncommon for founders... Read more »
- Why Polyvore’s Jess Lee Sold To YahooYahoo bought Polyvore in what we’ve heard could be a $60 million deal today. Both Polyvore and Yahoo were mum on those details, but Polyvore co-founder Jess Lee did tell TechCrunch her company will continue to do the same thing as it’s been doing before – now on a larger... Read more »
- FarmLogs CEO Jesse Vollmar Will Talk About The AgTech Revolution At Disrupt SF 2015The World Bank says that farmers need to produce 50% more food to feed the 9 billion people who will inhabit the earth by 2050. While farmers are facing higher demand, they have fewer resources to work with thanks to a growing water crisis and the availability of arable land.... Read more »
- Here’s The Latest Batch Of 500 Startups Companies500 Startups has unveiled its 14th batch of companies going through its accelerator. While Y Combinator is starting to roll out its own class in an upcoming Demo Day, a new one from 500 Startups is emerging — and increasingly, so is the race to be the earliest to invest in... Read more »
- CrunchWeek: Twitter Soap Opera, Uber Valuation, and Ouya Gets BoughtIt’s time for CrunchWeek again! What a week it was. The Twitter soap opera continues with earnings, no new CEO, hashtags and more. Uber keeps raising money until we lose count. Ouya gets put out of its misery bought. As Alex would say: It’s Friday, it’s CrunchWeek, it’s time to throw down and... Read more »
- Doing Good Tech Versus Doing Good With TechThe FDA is currently considering clinical trials for a drug that would delay aging. The idea of extending human longevity is a controversial one, with some arguing for immortality and others arguing that a lifespan into the mid-70s is perfectly adequate. So is the drug good or bad? As an... Read more »
- Yahoo Will Acquire Fashion Startup PolyvoreYahoo just announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire style-focused community Polyvore. In a blog post about the deal, Yahoo’s senior vice president of publisher products Simon Khalaf highlighted “Polyvore’s expertise on community-driven experiences and retailer-supported commerce” and wrote that the deal “will accelerate Yahoo’s digital… Read More ... Read more »
- Is This Flying Car Company For Real?We’ve been promised a flying car for as long as I can remember. From The Jetsons to Back To The Future, we’ve been sold this dream for years and years. Owning something that starts out on the ground and ends up flying through the air is something I want to... Read more »
- Boston’s WTF/LOL ProblemWell, that was embarrassing. Following months of piss-poor communication and a chaotic planning process, Boston’s bid to be the U.S. entry for the 2024 Olympics finally died this week like Britain’s rule over the colonies. The city that once brought the Industrial Revolution to the people now finds itself unable... Read more »
Buy me a Beer
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!
- MMM1772 on "Easy to use"
I was looking for a way to show my blog and podcast links on my WordPress site and this does the trick.
I love the ability to just show an excerpt, which I use to bring traffic to my blog.
- mtbroomell on "Does what it says"
Works great for me, easy to setup
- rhoffman2193 on "Extremely Convenient"
Easy to use and useful. It's very convenient for numerous RSS feeds.
- george6981 on "Very Useful"
Very easy to set up and use. Great for multiple RSS feeds.