RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- Venturra Capital Is A Big-Hitting $150M Fund For Startups In Southeast AsiaIn a further sign of the increasing maturity of Southeast Asia’s startup ecosystem, a new fund has emerged to offer yet more financing options for emerging tech companies. Venturra Capital is a new, big-hitting $150 million fund announced this week that is focused on the region, where mobile internet adoption... Read more »
- Period Tracker App Clue Gets $7M To Build A Platform For Female HealthBerlin-based Clue, which makes a period tracker app designed to let women keep tabs on their monthly cycles and help predict their fertile window, has closed a $7 million Series A round, with investment from New York’s Union Square Ventures and London-based Series A fund Mosaic Ventures. The new round... Read more »
- Alibaba’s Cloud Unit Opens Its Second U.S. Data CenterAliCloud, the cloud computing business of Alibaba Group, said today that it has opened its second data center in the U.S. Like its first stateside data center, the new one is in Silicon Valley, but Alibaba has not disclosed exactly where it is or how large it is. A spokesperson... Read more »
- Want to Understand VC in Europe? Catch These Top Investors at Disrupt LondonThe venture outlook in Europe is about as bright as it’s been since the go-go dot com days, with Europe-based venture firms raising more than $2.2 billion in the second quarter alone of this year – more than two times what they raised in the first quarter and 30 percent... Read more »
- After Nearly 30 Years, Microsoft’s Developer Division Head Leaves CompanyThe executive who oversees Microsoft’s developer tools and services, S. Somasegar, has announced that he will leave the company after 27 years. In a series of tweets, Somasegar, who is usually called by his nickname Soma, said he plans to pursue other career opportunities. Read More ... Read more »
- Apple Removes ‘A Few’ Apps Including Ad Blockers From App Store For Installing Root CertificatesApple has removed some apps from its App Store for installing a root certificate of their own that would have allowed the developers to view encrypted traffic from their users. The company said in a statement that it was working with the developers to get their apps back on the store. Some... Read more »
- Why The Car Industry Needs To Rethink The Dashboard User Interface DesignWhile at the San Francisco Auto Show last year, I wondered why car dashboards were so wrong? Every car — regardless of category or price — had the same mess of dials, buttons, lights and screens surrounding the driver. While there were unique and compelling exterior designs, dashboards were all... Read more »
- Cloud-Based Phone System Switch Now Integrates With Office 365Switch, a cloud-based business phone service, has been watching Office 365’s adoption grow since it launched — and now it’s too big to ignore for the startup. So Switch, after launching in 2014, now integrates with Office 365 after working previously with Google Apps. Whenever a Switch user receives a call, it will... Read more »
- Pinterest Engineer Launches /dev/color To Support Communities of Black EngineersBlack students are earning four percent of computer science Bachelor degrees but make up less than two percent of the tech industry, according to the Computer Research Association and company reports. Makinde Adeagbo, an engineer at Pinterest, has founded a non-profit organization, /dev/color, in order to provide Black engineers with... Read more »
- Facebook Messenger For Apple Watch Officially LaunchesDuring Apple’s keynote in September, they announced that Facebook Messenger would be coming to the Apple Watch, as long as you’ve updated to watchOS 2. Well, it’s here. You can now share things like voice clips, likes and stickers from your Apple Watch. From my experience, little interactions like this... Read more »
Buy me a Beer
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- sheenal on "Good but not enough"
This plugin is good. But how to get feature image of post ? Thumbnail short-code is not working.
- Shelley Keith on "Flexible and reliable"
One of my can't live without plugins. Flawlessly blends feeds and provides amazing flexibility.
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!
- MMM1772 on "Easy to use"
I was looking for a way to show my blog and podcast links on my WordPress site and this does the trick.
I love the ability to just show an excerpt, which I use to bring traffic to my blog.
- mtbroomell on "Does what it says"
Works great for me, easy to setup
- rhoffman2193 on "Extremely Convenient"
Easy to use and useful. It's very convenient for numerous RSS feeds.