RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- SpaceNet satellite imagery repository launched by DigitalGlobe, CosmiQ Works and NVIDIA on AWSA consortium of companies, including DigitalGlobe, CosmiQ Works and NVIDIA, today launched SpaceNet, an open-data initiative aimed at improving image analysis tools. The data are being hosted by Amazon Web Services as part of a partnership. With an increase in the number of CubeSats, high-resolution satellites and drones of every shape and... Read more »
- Finally, a Bluetooth speaker that matches my axeThere’s no shortage of portable Bluetooth speakers out there, but lord are a lot of them ugly. What I need is something that will not look amiss sitting on a stump next to me while I hew a yew in my red plaid flannel. Wait, what’s this one?! Read More ... Read more »
- WeVideo revamps its online video editor for HTML5WeVideo has rebuilt its browser-based video editor using HTML5 instead of Flash. For many of you, the whole debate about HTML5 versus Flash may seem like a weird flashback to 2010. But Flash is taking a while to die completely — Google Chrome, for example, continues to phase out Flash gradually.... Read more »
- The new collaboration economyTechnology is creating a new generation of companies that increasingly choose to collaborate as a coordinated ecosystem, even if they have overlapping or competitive offerings. This transparent way of doing business is transforming the way services are delivered and products are developed. Read More ... Read more »
- Facebook’s video editor is embarrassingly old, and Apple is creepingYou know you screwed up if Apple is about to one-up you on social. Facebook hasn’t upgraded its video editor in well over three years. Lagging far behind Snapchat, YouTube and even Instagram, it’s a stretch to even call the featureless artifact a video editor. Read More ... Read more »
- Songkick raises new $15M round from Access Industries, expands US operationsSongkick, which allows you to track the gigs of your favorite music artists and buy tickets to concerts, has raised a further $15 million in funding from Access Industries. Songkick says it now plans to use the money to “enhance the connection between artists and fans,” increase ticket sales and prevent... Read more »
- Jabra’s Sport Pulse and Coach running headphones take big stepsThe Bluetooth workout headphone field is as wide as it is colorful. It’s one that Danish wireless headset maker Jabra has been involved with for some time now, with its simply named Sport line. Read More ... Read more »
- 2017 Audi A4 driver assistance reviewThe 2017 Audi A4 has an all-new suite of advanced driver assistance systems, joining Volvo, Honda, Ford and others in making semi-autonomous safety features available in cars we can buy today. Activating the adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping systems isn’t intuitive; there’s a second stalk under the turn signal stalk where... Read more »
- Naval Ravikant on China money into Silicon Valley: This trickle could become a tsunamiAngelList, the online platform that matches startups with early-stage investors, has grown by leaps and bounds since its 2010 founding — and so have its ambitions. In fact, the company, which already bills itself as both the biggest seed-stage firm in the world, and the world’s largest hiring platform for startups, also aims to become... Read more »
- AAA study sheds light on AEB systemsAutomatic emergency braking systems, or AEB, will be installed in 99% of all new passenger vehicles by 2022. Toyota has promised to have it on all of its vehicles by 2017, and many vehicles already have the sensors and technology in place. But that doesn’t mean every system on every vehicle... Read more »
Buy me a Beer 🙂
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- ofukany on "Combine several RSS feeds"
Im verry happy because this plugin can combine several RSS feeds into single output.
- Toni on "Excellent, well done, great added features"
The new added features make this plugin far more useful for me. I will be replacing others that I have been using with this. The only thing missing for me to replace all other RSS plugins is pagaination, but I understand that is a difficult feature to do.
Why 5 stars?
It is easy, simple, to use. The default settings are done intelligently, simplifies the use immemnsely. It displays multiple feeds in one shortcode. No extra, unwanted, header or subheader content gets pulled in. Clean, well-spaced, legible, results.
The results look great: I have had many issues with several rss plugins for the style - font size and layouts were awkward, cluttered, or insane looking. That is very important because I have 2 MultiSites, 8 sites, plus I do not want to change RSS feed plugins when I change themes in a site.
Thank you for your hard work to provide an excellent, free, plugin.
- Ted Slater on "Great plugin ..."
Great plugin. I'd love to see the developer continue to work on it ...
- sheenal on "Good but not enough"
This plugin is good. But how to get feature image of post ? Thumbnail short-code is not working.
- Shelley Keith on "Flexible and reliable"
One of my can't live without plugins. Flawlessly blends feeds and provides amazing flexibility.
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!