RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- Fashion Startups On Show At Disrupt London, Dec 7-8We’re continuing to announce speakers for our TechCrunch Disrupt London conference on December 7-8, 2015 (Agenda, Tickets). The conference will feature global startups, investors, amazing speakers and more. And one area we will zero in on is a strong suit for London: Fashion and tech. Here are our panelists for... Read more »
- After Falling Through The Series A Gap, Restaurant Delivery Startup Dine In ShuttersNot only was he confident of closing an imminent Series A round, but his company, which launched a year before better-known and much better-funded Deliveroo, had just acquired MyDeliveryCab, serving as the purpose for our call. He was also bullish about the startup’s now mature technology, talking up plans to begin deploying... Read more »
- Sony Says It Has Now Sold More Than 30 Million PlayStation 4sWith the U.S. holidays incoming, Sony has picked today to reveal that it has now sold more than 30 million PlayStation 4 consoles to date — over 30.2 million to be precise — putting it well ahead of its rivals in the video games race. Read More ... Read more »
- China Punishes VPN Users In Its Rural Northwest By Cutting Their Mobile ServiceChina’s crackdown on VPNs, software that enables Internet users circumvent the country’s web censorship, continues unabated after the New York Times reported that VPN users in one part of the country had their mobile service cut entirely. Read More ... Read more »
- Japanese 3D Printing Startup Kabuku Lands $6.1M Series AKabuku, a Tokyo-based startup that explores new uses for 3D printing, plans to expand around the world after raising a $6.1 million Series A round. The company runs Rinkak, an online marketplace that lets makers upload their 3D printed designs and sell them directly to consumers. Read More ... Read more »
- Facebook’s Internet.org Now Available Throughout IndiaInternet.org, Facebook’s initiative to provide free Internet services in developing countries, is now available to all Indians through the Free Basics app on Reliance Communication’s network. The project is meant to give people in emerging economies easy access to the Internet, but has been hit by a slew of criticism.... Read more »
- Tor Turns To Crowdfunding To Lessen Its Dependence On Government MoneyTor, the network that facilitates hidden communications and secure Internet activity, has begun accepting donations in a move aimed at lessening its financial dependence on the U.S. government. Read More ... Read more »
- Chinese Video App Developer Yixia Tech Raises $200M Series D At $1B ValuationYixia Tech, the Beijing developer behind Chinese video blogging app Miao Pai, has raised $200 million in Series D funding from microblogging platform Weibo, Sequoia Capital, YG Entertainment, and other investors at a valuation of $1 billion. Read More ... Read more »
- 10 Tech Buzzwords And How To Explain Them To Your Extended FamilyOne of the nice things about living in the Bay Area or another technology hub is that everyone speaks the same language – there’s common jargon. As nice as going home and meeting family is, your language is going to need a bit of a readjustment. Here’s a list of... Read more »
- Apple Has Acquired Faceshift, Maker Of Motion Capture Tech Used In Star WarsAs the market for virtual reality technology continues to grow, Apple has made an interesting acquisition that could further its role in the space. TechCrunch has confirmed that Apple has snapped up Faceshift, a startup based in Zurich that has developed technology to create animated avatars and other figures that capture a person’s facial expressions in... Read more »
Buy me a Beer
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- sheenal on "Good but not enough"
This plugin is good. But how to get feature image of post ? Thumbnail short-code is not working.
- Shelley Keith on "Flexible and reliable"
One of my can't live without plugins. Flawlessly blends feeds and provides amazing flexibility.
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!
- MMM1772 on "Easy to use"
I was looking for a way to show my blog and podcast links on my WordPress site and this does the trick.
I love the ability to just show an excerpt, which I use to bring traffic to my blog.
- mtbroomell on "Does what it says"
Works great for me, easy to setup
- rhoffman2193 on "Extremely Convenient"
Easy to use and useful. It's very convenient for numerous RSS feeds.