RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- A Recap Of The 9th Annual Crunchies AwardsThe 9th Annual Crunchies took place at the War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco last night. Host Chelsea Peretti had us laughing before our presenters came on stage to announce the winners of this year’s Crunchies. Follow along for some of the highlights of the show, including an operatic... Read more »
- SolarCity Beats Q4 Estimates, But Stock Plunges 30 Percent On Soft OutlookSolarCity, which is down more than 50 percent over the past year, just released its Q4 2015 earnings. The market has reacted negatively, with the stock trading down about 30 percent after-hours at a price of around $17.50 per-share. While Q4 revenue of $115M and loss of $2.37 per share beat estimates of... Read more »
- U.S. Version Of Politwoops Comes Back Online To Track Politicians’ Deleted TweetsPolitwoops, a service that tracks politicians’ deleted tweets in an effort to hold elected officials accountable for the statements they make on social media, is now back online in the U.S. The restoration of the service, announced today by the Sunlight Foundation, follows Twitter’s earlier decision to restore Politwoops’ access to its API after... Read more »
- Fox Marks Down Its DraftKings Investment By 60 PercentTwenty-First Century Fox, which invested $160M in DraftKings over the summer, has written down the investment by about 60 percent, according to its 10-Q filed today. Specifically, Fox noted that “based on information concerning DraftKings’ current valuation in a recent financing transaction, the Company determined that a portion of its... Read more »
- The Money In Open-Source SoftwareIt’s no secret that open-source technology — once the province of radicals, hippies and granola eaters — has gone mainstream. According to industry estimates, more than 180 young companies that give away their software raised roughly $3.2 billion in financing from 2011 to 2014. Despite the growing popularity of open-source... Read more »
- Fintech Savings Service Qapital Launches Android AppQapital, the financial management service integrated with most banks, is launching its Android app today. First available only in iOS, the new service offers the same breadth of functionality to new Android customers which comprise the bulk of mobile phone users in the world. For investors and boosters like acclaimed... Read more »
- The Trashbot Will Eat And Sort Your GarbageRobots need excitement. If their lives don’t provide instead they’ll incite violence. Common sense. Simple common sense. But robots also need trash. That’s why the Trashbot is so cool. This robotic trash can will automatically sort all of your garbage, pitching metals into one can and non-recyclables into another. The... Read more »
- The Next Tesla Will Start At $35,000 But Don’t Expect To Pay That PriceTesla has yet to unveil the Model 3, but the company just confirmed that it will be available starting at $35,000. The Model 3 has long been rumored to cost about this price, and today, Bloomberg is quoting a Tesla spokesperson who confirmed the starting price. At that price, the... Read more »
- GitHub Updates Its Enterprise Product With Clustering Support, Updated DesignGitHub Enterprise, the company’s on-premises solution for managing code, is getting a major update today. It comes at a time when there seems to be some upheaval in the company around the importance management has been putting on this product. The marquee feature of GitHub Enterprise 2.5 is support for clustering. With this,... Read more »
- Oculus-Ready PC Bundles From ASUS, Alienware, Dell Pre-Sell For $1499 Next WeekOculus wants to make it easy to get everything you need to dive into virtual reality. Thanks to team-ups with ASUS, Alienware, and Dell, Oculus will open pre-sales of Oculus-ready PC bundles starting at $1499 on February 16th at 8am PST. Buying as a bundle gets people a $100 to $200... Read more »
Buy me a Beer
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- Toni on "Excellent, well done, great added features"
The new added features make this plugin far more useful for me. I will be replacing others that I have been using with this. The only thing missing for me to replace all other RSS plugins is pagaination, but I understand that is a difficult feature to do.
Why 5 stars?
It is easy, simple, to use. The default settings are done intelligently, simplifies the use immemnsely. It displays multiple feeds in one shortcode. No extra, unwanted, header or subheader content gets pulled in. Clean, well-spaced, legible, results.
The results look great: I have had many issues with several rss plugins for the style - font size and layouts were awkward, cluttered, or insane looking. That is very important because I have 2 MultiSites, 8 sites, plus I do not want to change RSS feed plugins when I change themes in a site.
Thank you for your hard work to provide an excellent, free, plugin.
- Ted Slater on "Great plugin ..."
Great plugin. I'd love to see the developer continue to work on it ...
- sheenal on "Good but not enough"
This plugin is good. But how to get feature image of post ? Thumbnail short-code is not working.
- Shelley Keith on "Flexible and reliable"
One of my can't live without plugins. Flawlessly blends feeds and provides amazing flexibility.
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!
- MMM1772 on "Easy to use"
I was looking for a way to show my blog and podcast links on my WordPress site and this does the trick.
I love the ability to just show an excerpt, which I use to bring traffic to my blog.