RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- SurveyMonkey study finds social media apps ruled mobile in first half of 2016A new study from SurveyMonkey Intelligence revealed the 30 most-downloaded and most-used apps in the American iOS and Android app stores so far this year. Social media apps like Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram ruled over mobile games in the first six months of 2016. Because Pokémon Go was released in the U.S. on July 6, that wildly popular new title didn’t... Read more »
- What’s this whole email thing about, anyway?What do you know about the Clinton email scandal? If you’re anything like me, not much — yet! Let’s take a stroll into our political Swamp of Sadness where both parties are currently mired. One candidate became stuck there while trying to beat the dead horse of the Crooked Hillary... Read more »
- The rise and rise of Mexican fintechNothing tells the story of how the Mexican tech ecosystem is steaming ahead in Latin America quite like the rise of fintech. The financial services space ticks all the right boxes entrepreneurs look for when launching a company. On the flipside, Mexico’s fintech industry has everything VCs daydream about. It’s... Read more »
- Sprig pauses food delivery service in Chicago, lays off seven peopleSprig is making some changes to its delivery model, and in order to do it as efficiently as possible, the company is pausing its operations in Chicago and laying off seven team members across its marketing and operations teams. Sprig has also let go its local staffers in Chicago, the... Read more »
- White Noise 7 is out, and wants to be like Instagram for restful soundsWhen software developer Todd Moore wrote up the code for his now-famous White Noise app in 2008, it was a side project to him and one of the first mobile apps go live on the Apple app store. The app quickly climbed to the No. 1 spot in the Health... Read more »
- AWS revenue hits a new record with $2.9 billion in Q2Amazon reported earnings for its second fiscal quarter of 2016 today and for its AWS unit, it was once again a big quarter. AWS net sales hit $2.9 billion in the last quarter, up from $2.5 billion in net sales in the last quarter. That’s up from $1.8 billion in the... Read more »
- Hanergy to build solar-powered electric carsIt used to be that only car companies could build cars. But this is the twenty-first century, when seemingly anyone can build a car or four, including a Chinese solar power company. Hanergy Holding Group, which manufactures thin-film solar panels, has created a Solar Vehicle Business Division that debuted four... Read more »
- Amazon shatters earnings expectationsAmazon shattered expectations when it reported second quarter earnings after the bell on Thursday. Adjusted earnings per share came in at $1.78, when Wall Street was forecasting $1.11. Amazon also beat revenue predictions, posting $30.4 billion for the quarter when analysts were expecting $29.55 billion. Shares ticked up 2 percent... Read more »
- Alphabet’s huge Q2 shows its ads business may not be so challenged after allWhile Alphabet’s core advertising business has often been questioned as the net value of its ads has been in decline, there’s one thing that’s hard to argue — it’s still one of the biggest technology businesses in the world, and it’s still growing. And it’s growing very quickly. Alphabet reported a second... Read more »
- Gurbaksh Chahal out as Gravity4 CEO after probation rulingTech founder Gurbaksh Chahal appears to have handed over his CEO role at Gravity4 to his sister, Kamal Kaur, after a judge found last week that he violated his domestic violence probation. Chahal has been removed from Gravity4’s leadership page and replaced by Kaur, who is currently listed as CEO of... Read more »
Buy me a Beer 🙂
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- ofukany on "Combine several RSS feeds"
Im verry happy because this plugin can combine several RSS feeds into single output.
- Toni on "Excellent, well done, great added features"
The new added features make this plugin far more useful for me. I will be replacing others that I have been using with this. The only thing missing for me to replace all other RSS plugins is pagaination, but I understand that is a difficult feature to do.
Why 5 stars?
It is easy, simple, to use. The default settings are done intelligently, simplifies the use immemnsely. It displays multiple feeds in one shortcode. No extra, unwanted, header or subheader content gets pulled in. Clean, well-spaced, legible, results.
The results look great: I have had many issues with several rss plugins for the style - font size and layouts were awkward, cluttered, or insane looking. That is very important because I have 2 MultiSites, 8 sites, plus I do not want to change RSS feed plugins when I change themes in a site.
Thank you for your hard work to provide an excellent, free, plugin.
- Ted Slater on "Great plugin ..."
Great plugin. I'd love to see the developer continue to work on it ...
- sheenal on "Good but not enough"
This plugin is good. But how to get feature image of post ? Thumbnail short-code is not working.
- Shelley Keith on "Flexible and reliable"
One of my can't live without plugins. Flawlessly blends feeds and provides amazing flexibility.
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!