RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- The Bitcoin Blocksize Blackjack Mining BluesBitcoin: it’s at a crucially important crossroads; it’s approaching a crisis that threatens its very existence; it has never been more likely to erupt into enormous global importance. Which? Don’t be ridiculous. It is all those things at once, of course, as usual. I only wish I was joking. If... Read more »
- Three Reasons Your Term Sheet May Fall ThroughSo you’ve made it past all the VC grilling and received a term sheet. Congratulations! But don’t celebrate just yet. Term sheets are non-binding, and even though they should signify a VC has conviction in investing in you and is ready to move towards closing, they fall through more often... Read more »
- TC AppleCast 16: MacBook Redux, iOS 9 And OS X 10.11This week we cover one noteworthy review of the new MacBook by Marco Arment, as well as iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 details. Apple is supposedly tidying up with both OS updates this year, and also making things more pleasant for older device owners, and that’s very good for... Read more »
- CrunchWeek: Pebble’s Cash Crunch, Stripe Hits $5B, And NSA Reform’s Uncertain FutureHappy holiday Friday, team, and welcome to another episode of CrunchWeek. This time around, we remain camped out in the CrunchBase offices while TCHQ undergoes reconstructive surgery, Our own Kyle Russell, Colleen Taylor, and your modest supplicant sat down in broad red chairs to dig into Pebble’s reported cash woes,... Read more »
- Zendrive Uses Mobile Phones as Sensors To Reinvent The Accuracy of Auto Insurance In Partnership With GuildIf you look across the space of consumer Internet services and physical sensors, people are producing more data than ever before, which is being used to make all kinds of insurance more granular and accurate according to individual risk. Zendrive, a company backed by First Round Capital, BMW i Ventures... Read more »
- Jim Gaffigan, Comedian And POTI, Talks About His New ShowJim Gaffigan, comedian and official President Of The Internet, stopped in at our New York studio where we talked about his new show that is now streaming on JimGaffigan.com. The show will air on TV Land in a few months but he posted the first episode online so fans could... Read more »
- Disney’s Research Lab Figures Out How To Put Words In Your MouthHere’s another absurd one out of Disney’s research labs. We’ve seen them build adorable robots to draw on beaches, 3D printers that make huggable objects out of felt, and make spinning tops out of seemingly impossible shapes. Their latest trick? Using algorithms to make people say things they didn’t actually... Read more »
- This Week On The TC Gadgets Podcast: Pebble, Stratos, And New Apple iMacsOne important note about this podcast: Matt can’t seem to get his microphones to work. Ever. So if you’re wondering why we all sound like professional radio hosts (two of us are, actually) and Matt sounds like hot garbage, it’s because he is incompetent with microphones. Moving on! Pebble is... Read more »
- Chef’d Raises $5.25M To Help You Prepare Meals From Your Favorite ChefsRecipe-and-ingredient delivery service Chef’d ran an Indiegogo campaign last year, but that’s not the only way the team is funding its growth. The company is also announcing that it has just raised a new round of $5.25 million. Founder and CEO Kyle Ransford has said that the point of the crowdfunding... Read more »
- This App Turns Your $600 Apple Watch Into A $20 Casio Calculator WatchPlenty of people have compared the Apple Watch to the classic Casio calculator watch; these guys went ahead and made the inevitable app. Meet GeekWatch — the app that turns your Apple Watch into an old-school calculator watch. Read More ... Read more »
Buy me a Beer
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!
- MMM1772 on "Easy to use"
I was looking for a way to show my blog and podcast links on my WordPress site and this does the trick.
I love the ability to just show an excerpt, which I use to bring traffic to my blog.
- mtbroomell on "Does what it says"
Works great for me, easy to setup
- rhoffman2193 on "Extremely Convenient"
Easy to use and useful. It's very convenient for numerous RSS feeds.
- george6981 on "Very Useful"
Very easy to set up and use. Great for multiple RSS feeds.