RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- Alibaba’s December Quarter Revenue Falls Below Expectations As It Continues To Invest In MobileAlibaba Group’s chief financial officer said during its earnings call today that the e-commerce giant’s focus on mobile will result in some “near-term growing pains” but ensure profitability in the future. The company’s revenue for the quarter ending in December rose 40 percent to $4.22 billion, but still missed the... Read more »
- Huddle Co-Founder Alastair Mitchell Steps Down As CEO, Morten Brogger Steps InOn the heels of a $51 million round of funding, cloud collaboration company Huddle today announced a changing of the guard to lead the company to its next stage. Co-founder Alastair Mitchell is stepping down from his role as CEO and assuming a new position as president and CMO. Taking his place... Read more »
- Tune Raises $27M To Unify Mobile Marketing DataTune, a company that bills itself as “the enterprise platform for mobile marketing,” is announcing that it has raised $27 million in Series B funding. Founded by twin brothers Lucas and Lee Brown (pictured above with CEO Peter Hamilton), Tune was previously known as HasOffers — it rebranded last summer, giving... Read more »
- Koru Raises $8M Series A Round For Its Talent MarketplaceKoru is a Seattle-based talent marketplace that helps college grads find jobs at tech companies by putting them through an intensive business program. As the company today announced, it has raised an $8 million Series A round led by Maveron, with participation from new investors City Light Capital and Trilogy... Read more »
- Slyce Snatches Up Mobile Couponing App SnipSnap For $6.5 MillionVisual search provider Slyce is expanding its lineup of mobile applications taking advantage of its proprietary image recognition technology with the acquisition of popular mobile couponing app SnipSnap for $6.5 million. The deal was a combination of cash and stock, and brings SnipSnap’s 4 million-plus consumers to Slyce, as well as... Read more »
- Android Breaks 1B Mark For 2014, 81% Of Total 1.3B Smartphones ShippedWith the quarterly numbers now in from smartphone leaders Samsung and Apple, the analysts at Strategy Analytics have published their latest figures on how the overall market performed for the last quarter of the year and 2014 overall. In short, it has been a milestone year. Globally we have now passed... Read more »
- ‘Fitbit For Dogs’ Maker Whistle Acquires Tagg Pet Tracker And Raises $15MWearables for pets used to be a punchline, but now it’s a legitimate business with multiple players active in the space. Said space did just get a bit smaller today, as Whistle, the startup which launched its Fitbit for dogs back in 2013. Now, Whistle is expanding its position with... Read more »
- Google Wallet Goes International: Gmail P2P Money Transfer Now Live In The UK, Silent On PaymentsGoogle Wallet — the search giant’s payments business that competes against PayPal and Apple Pay, among others — is today taking its first step outside of the U.S., in the form of money transfers. Users in the UK will now be able to send money to each other by way... Read more »
- Restaurant Discovery App Zomato Acquires Turkey’s Mekanist For CashZomato, the Restaurant discovery service which competes with Yelp, has acquired Turkey’s Mekanist. The price was not disclosed but it has been confirmed as an all-cash deal. The move will take Zomato from covering 27,500 restaurants in Istanbul and Ankara to more than over 50,000 restaurants in Turkey. The move... Read more »
- Singapore Property Site 99.co Lands $1.6M From Sequoia And Facebook Co-Founder Saverin99.co, a property rental and sales site that launched in Singapore last November, has scored a deal of its own after closing $2 million in funding from Sequoia and Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin. The round values the young startup at $10 million. Read More ... Read more »
Buy me a Beer
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!
- MMM1772 on "Easy to use"
I was looking for a way to show my blog and podcast links on my WordPress site and this does the trick.
I love the ability to just show an excerpt, which I use to bring traffic to my blog.
- mtbroomell on "Does what it says"
Works great for me, easy to setup
- rhoffman2193 on "Extremely Convenient"
Easy to use and useful. It's very convenient for numerous RSS feeds.
- george6981 on "Very Useful"
Very easy to set up and use. Great for multiple RSS feeds.