RSS Retriever Demo
This feed is being automatically generated from this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/
The shortcode looks like this:
[wp_rss_retriever url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/" items="10" excerpt="50" read_more="true" new_window="true" thumbnail="150" cache="21600"]
- Designing New Mobile Experiences For The Music-Loving GenerationAs music fans go mobile, music festivals are following suit. The kids in America are rocking out to T-Swift with a Natty Lite in one hand and a mobile phone open to native festival apps in the other. Schedules, venue maps, artists and vendors are all in the palm of... Read more »
- GOAT Lets You Cop Kicks Without Getting JackedYesterday on Facebook, a man named Matt Neal sent out a plea. He’s 26, his blood type is B+ and he has a failing kidney. His ask? “One working kidney from a true sneaker head.” His offer? A pair of some of the hottest sneakers on the planet at the... Read more »
- The Math Behind SaaS Startup ValuationOne of the most critical metrics for software companies — but also one of the most difficult to measure — is the lifetime value of their customers (LTV). The lifetime value dictates how a company should spend its marketing and sales dollars. Unfortunately, many early stage startups struggle to measure... Read more »
- CrunchWeek: Tech Stocks Fumble, Facebook Announces ‘M,’ And YouTube Takes On TwitchWelcome back to another episode of CrunchWeek. We’re very glad that you are here. This time ’round, our fearless Matthew Lynley headed the ship, while our own Josh Constine and your humble servant were on hand to help out along the way. We dug into the very turbulent global markets,... Read more »
- Judge’s Order To Shut Down NSA Phone Surveillance Reversed By Federal Appeals CourtA federal appeals court has just ruled against a 2013 decision ordering the NSA to stop its bulk metadata collection program. The three-judge panel issued its ruling Friday, contending that conservative privacy activist Larry Klayman had not adequately argued the likeliness that his own data had been collected as a part of the metadata collection program. Judge... Read more »
- SocialBattles Is A Photo App For People Who Think Instagram Isn’t Competitive EnoughAndre and Sandro De Moraes must really like to see people compete. The brothers previously created GoldMic, a now-defunct social network for hip hop battles. Now they’ve launched a new iOS app called SocialBattles, where users compete to post the most popular photos. Read More ... Read more »
- Google’s App Search Results Now Look More Like An App StoreGoogle has been working for some time to improve how it highlights mobile apps, and the data they contain, in its search results. And now, Android users performing Google searches for apps outside the Play Store will notice a big change in how apps are being presented in search results. Where... Read more »
- Uber Hires Security Researchers Behind That Crazy Jeep HackUber has hired the duo behind a spectacular hack earlier this year that involved taking remote control of a Jeep Cherokee. Wired writer Andy Greenberg experienced this firsthand. He wrote that he was driving on a St. Louis highway when Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek used a laptop 10 miles... Read more »
- Mobile Gaming Live-Streaming Service Mobcrush Has Raised Around $10MWe’ve heard from sources that Mobcrush, a live-streaming service centered around mobile games much in the same way Twitch is known for streaming popular eSports desktop games, has raised around $10 million in new financing, though the number could have gone beyond that. Mobcrush’s bet is that mobile game streaming will be... Read more »
Buy me a Beer
Plugin Reviews: (RSS Feed)
- sheenal on "Good but not enough"
This plugin is good. But how to get feature image of post ? Thumbnail short-code is not working.
- Shelley Keith on "Flexible and reliable"
One of my can't live without plugins. Flawlessly blends feeds and provides amazing flexibility.
- Bill Statler on "Simple, easy, nearly perfect"
I replaced an antique no-longer-working plugin with this one today. Very simple, easy to use, and it works. Thank you!
For a future version, it would be great if there were an easy way to get the thumbnail in a non-square div, so that (for example) YouTube's 480x360 thumbnail could be resized but not have a big gap beneath it. I'm going to try the css suggestions made by Travis on the support page, but css hacking is not my strong point. Something like "thumbheight=" and "thumbwidth=" would be a nifty addition.
- WP_zombie on "AWESOME!!"
I've searched for 2 days for a RSS content feeder. After trying 4 different ones, I found the PERFECT one for me! Thank you so much!
- lauren 1 on "Does the job!"
Thank you for the image thumbnail fetching too!
- Shinma on "So simple, and it works..."
I'd been fighting with four different RSS plugins to get one that actually pulled and rendered the HTML in my feeds correctly. I was just about to go beg for help on the forums when I decided to try just one more plugin.
This simple little plugin pulled in my HTML just fine and it gets called in as a shortcode instead of a widget...?
- Gene on "works great!"
Tested the plugin on a site and it works as advertised, thanks!
- MMM1772 on "Easy to use"
I was looking for a way to show my blog and podcast links on my WordPress site and this does the trick.
I love the ability to just show an excerpt, which I use to bring traffic to my blog.
- mtbroomell on "Does what it says"
Works great for me, easy to setup
- rhoffman2193 on "Extremely Convenient"
Easy to use and useful. It's very convenient for numerous RSS feeds.